At Cord Master Engineering, work with many aerospace, defense and commercial businesses who regularly develop new products. The creation of prototypes is a typical activity for those companies. Cord Master Engineering provides power cord prototypes for their projects.
What are power cord prototypes?
“Prototypes explore different aspects of an intended design:
- A Proof-of-Principle Prototype serves to verify some key functional aspects of the intended design, but usually does not have all the functionality of the final product.
- A Working Prototype represents all or nearly all of the functionality of the final product.
- A Visual Prototype represents the size and appearance, but not the functionality, of the intended design. A Form Study Prototype is a preliminary type of visual prototype in which the geometric features of a design are emphasized, with less concern for color, texture, or other aspects of the final appearance.
- A User Experience Prototype represents enough of the appearance and function of the product that it can be used for user research.
- A Functional Prototype captures both function and appearance of the intended design, though it may be created with different techniques and even different scale from final design.”