Cord Master Engineering
1544 Curran Highway
North Adams, MA 01247
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm

Power Cord Quality

10242-14-10 C13 power cord quality

The importance of power cord quality is exemplified by this tragic story from Fox News.

Importance of Power Cord Quality

Power cord malfunction caused Memphis deadly fire, officials say

A house fire that killed six children and three adults in Memphis was caused by an electrical malfunction in an air conditioning unit’s power cord in the living room, authorities said.

The Memphis Fire Department released the cause of Monday morning’s deadly fire as relatives and friends mourned their loved ones by hugging, crying and holding hands in prayer outside the house in a working class neighborhood in south Memphis.

Meanwhile, a 10th victim of the fire, a child, is fighting for life at a hospital.

Firefighters initially spotted light smoke outside the single-story wood-and-brick home when they arrived at 1:23 a.m. but encountered heavy smoke inside, Memphis Fire Services Director Gina Sweat said. The fire was brought under control in 19 minutes.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/13/power-cord-malfunction-caused-memphis-deadly-fire-officials-say.html

Posted Under: Blog